Road closures will be in place on weekdays, from 7am to 5.30pm until mid-December while road repairs are undertaken in Ottery.
The resurfacing of roads in Ottery includes the milling of the roadway and paving the street with new asphalt. The paving part depends on the weather and the process can take up to four days per road segment.
There will also be utility work to repair or replace selected damaged manholes, catch pits, frames and chambers before the road is resurfaced.
Areas affected in Ottery
- Essenhout Street between Columbine Avenue and Linden Street
- Lea Road between Ailsa Road and HN 22 Lea Road
- Lodge Road between HN 18 Lodge Road and Ailsa Road
- Short Road between Lea Road and Plantation Road
- Petrea Street between Plantation Road and Columbine Avenue
- Wood Road between Lea Road and Plantation Road
- Columbine Avenue between Teremain Road and Vlamboom
Traffic moving in both directions will be affected, however, work areas will be demarcated to regulate the traffic flow and all intersections will remain open during construction.
The City’s mayoral committee member for urban mobility, Rob Quintas said all of the affected roads would either be closed in half widths or full widths depending on the nature of the traffic. “We thank you for your patience as we work towards ensuring that you will have good road surfaces once the project is completed.
“We ask that motorists who regularly drive on this road please consider using alternative routes during this period. The safety and convenience of the travelling public is of utmost importance and every effort will be made to ensure that the impact on motorists and the public is mitigated as far as possible.”